In the Residency Externship Program: Semester-in-Practice, students earn 10 pass/fail credits for completing fieldwork hours and participating in corresponding externship class meetings by:
- Working full-time (approx. 40 hours/week) over 14 weeks in either the fall or spring semesters. Students must complete a minimum of 500 fieldwork hours;
- Attending a pre-departure orientation (covering: course requirements; confidentiality; managing assignments, obtaining feedback, professionalism, research refresher, etc.);
- Participating in the Externship Class via WebX, Adobe Connect, Skype or other online platform;
- Submitting weekly report of hours and activities;
- Submitting weekly reflective journals;
- Completing with supervisor 2 evaluations: Week 8, mid-term evaluation and Week 14, final evaluation.
Additional Credit: Student can take supplemental classes at an ABA-approved law school to earn additional credit.