Free Posting on Symplicity Job Bank
Employers may post a position free of charge to our online job bank powered by Symplicity. You may select whether you want 1Ls, 2Ls, 3Ls and/or alumni to view your posting. Students and/or alumni can respond by sending the requested application materials to the contact information you provide in the manner you choose. Symplicity now has two different account options. If you would like to post to the Texas A&M job bank free of charge, please follow the instructions below.
For Employers without an existing Symplicity account:
- Login to Symplicity, select ‘Employer’, then select the ‘Register’ tab.
- Complete the requested information. You will receive an email with your password as soon as your registration has processed and your account has been set up.
- Follow the directions below to post a position.
For Employers with an Existing Account:
- If you have an account, log in to Symplicity, and select ‘Employer’
- Choose ‘Post a Job or Scholarship’ from the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Click the ‘Add new’ button
- Complete your posting and hit ‘submit’.
Reminder: Your username is your complete email address. If you have forgotten your password or have never received one, select ‘Forgot My Password’ tab and it will be e-mailed to you.
If you wish to post to multiple schools at once:
You may register using the ‘Register and Post a OneStop Job’ tab. Please note that there is a fee associated with this option. Pricing information for the OneStop option is available at the Symplicity website. If you do not wish to pay for an account, you can still post with Texas A&M free of charge by registering for an account using the ‘Register’ tab. If you want to post with other schools that use Symplicity as well, you will need to create separate Symplicity accounts with each of them, and post the job with each school.
If you do not wish to create a Symplicity account:
You may complete the job posting form and return it by email to Courtney Key at email@example.com or by fax to 817-212-4059. We will then post the position for you on Symplicity. However, you will not be able to view your posting unless you have a Symplicity account.
How to Receive Application Materials
- Email: If you select ‘email’ you will receive each applicant’s material via email immediately.
- Accumulate Online: selecting this option allows you to log in to Symplicity and view the entire group of applicants and each applicant’s specific application materials at any time. If you choose, you can view materials for the entire group or for specific individuals. When you want to view applications, log in to Symplicity and select ‘Student Resumes’ from the ‘jobs’ section.
- Other: You may provide instructions on other means of applying such as by fax, mail or through your organization’s website.
Please note: Attorneys must be in good standing with the state bar to post on our Online Job Bank.
If you have any questions about using Symplicity, please contact Courtney Key, Assistant Director of Career Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (817) 212-4013.
Notice to Private Sector Employers Seeking Unpaid Interns
The law school does not post unpaid internships from for-profit employers. Should you wish to participate in the externship program, in which students can work for class credit, please contact Cecily Becker, Director of Externships, at email@example.com. For more information on issues pertaining to unpaid internships and for-profit employers, please see the U.S. Department of Labor guidelines for employers in the private sector providing unpaid internships to assist them in determining whether the internships meet Fair Labor Standards Act requirements, and the DOL advisory letter to the ABA.
Texas A&M University School of Law Nondiscrimination Policy
Texas A&M University School of Law provides equal opportunity to all employees, students, applicants for employment or admission, and the public regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or veteran status. Furthermore, we aspire to maintain a work and educational environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Texas A&M University School of Law will promptly investigate all complaints of discrimination, sexual harassment, and related retaliation in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. Employers who use campus facilities or post jobs on the law school job bank must comply with this notice of nondiscrimination. Students may file complaints against an employer who asks discriminatory questions in any program or activity sponsored or conducted at the law school.
Download the Texas A&M University Nondiscrimination and Abuse Policy.