PERSONAL COUNSELING & CAREER DEVELOPMENT SEMINARS
Is trial work your courthouse dream?
Will pursuing non-profit work kindle your passion?
Does climbing the corporate ladder give you thrills?
Has public service called your name?
At Texas A&M School of Law, our Career Services team is here to help shape you into the kind of lawyer you are passionate about becoming.
Our team supports every single law student through:
- First-year career services orientation
- One-on-one counseling
- Career development & skills building seminars
- Networking and mentorship opportunities
- Professional association connections
- Internship and externship opportunities
- Job placements
We strongly believe personal counseling is the most effective way to create your best career strategy.
Your experience, skill sets and career goals are central to identifying your career options and developing a strategy that will work for you.
Additionally, a wide range of career seminars are offered each semester to educate students on career opportunities and developing as a lawyer.
Focused on three distinct areas – career development, skills building and practice areas of law – our seminars provide an invaluable opportunity for you to learn skills maximizing your job choices, as well as real-life exposure to different practice areas of law.
While seminar topics vary each year, previous seminars have included:
- Job Search Strategies for 1Ls/2Ls/3Ls
- Practice panels, such as
- International law, criminal law, bankruptcy, family law, tax law, etc.
- Military JAG Careers
- Department of Justice Internships and Postgraduate Hiring Programs
- Creating Your Online Professional Profile & Effectively Utilizing LinkedIn
- Utilizing Social Media in Your Job Search
- Résumé and Cover Letter Drafting
- Do’s and Don’ts of Networking
- Research Tips for Law Clerks
- Mentorship Panels