FOR EVENING STUDENTS
The Office of Career Services is here for all our students, including our evening students. The Office of Career Services has been helping evening students since our very beginning as a night school over 20 years ago. All the services and support offered by Career Services are available to both evening and day students.
Students in the evening program make the decision to attend law school for a wide variety of reasons.
Some are fully intent on practicing law in the traditional sense of representing clients by going to court, drafting legal documents and assisting them with business transactions and other legal issues.
Others, however, have no intention of practicing law in this traditional sense. Instead, their goal is to earn an additional degree which will allow them to work outside of their present career or simply to make themselves more marketable in their current professions.
Regardless of your career goals, you will need to acquire career-building skills and utilize these skills throughout your lifetime. In addition, it is important that you take action that will lead you in the direction you choose, including the choice of courses you take, the kind of work experience you obtain, joining a journal and taking part in extra-curricular activities.
The Career Services team can help you through the process and offers practical advice and programs expressly tailored to the evening student, such as:
- seminars and panels for evening students that specifically address your needs
- all Career Services seminars that occur during the day are recorded so you can access them at your convenience
- assist you in revising your business résumé into a legal résumé format that highlights skills of interest to legal employers
- prepare you for interview questions that you are likely to encounter
- offer unique networking and mentorship opportunities for evening students
- steps to take now for your job search
- one-on-one career guidance with a licensed attorney counselor
- help you create an individualized job search strategy
- address common evening student job search myths
The Career Services Office is open until 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday for evening students. In addition, later hours are available by appointment. If you would like to speak to a counselor about your career goals, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.