CAREER SERVICES HANDBOOK
Congratulations - you’re in!
Upon your enrollment at Texas A&M School of Law, you’ll be immersed in class scheduling, course preparation and balancing your new responsibilities with your existing life.
We understand there’s a lot to learn, and not just from our exceptional professors.
We also believe it’s our responsibility – and our privilege – to help you understand the legal career search process and give you the tools to create the opportunities to land your perfect job.
Our Career Services Handbook is a comprehensive online tool that provides easy, exclusive access to all kinds of helpful resources, including:
- Overview of the Legal Profession
- Job Options for Students and Graduates
- Specialized Job Search Strategies
- Employer Application Timetables
- Judicial Clerkships
- Legal Résumé Writing
- Best Practices for Cover Letters and Thank Yous
- Student Business Cards
- Dressing for Success
- Interviewing Tips and Techniques
- Guidelines for Addressing Salary Requirements
- Salary Surveys
- Support for Part-Time and Evening Students
- Reciprocity Policy with other ABA-accredited law schools
We also maintain an up-to-date library collection and online resources of specialized publications and video recordings for use in researching potential employers and areas of practice, as well as seeking particular jobs.