Texas A&M: Investing in
Since we became part of Texas A&M University in 2013, we’ve invested significant resources to enhance the value of your degree and to improve your experience while you’re here at the law school. We have many more exciting changes in the works, but we’ve already taken several steps to invest in your future, including the following initiatives.
- Increased scholarship budget. You’ll receive a high-quality education at a much lower cost, and we guarantee that you can keep your scholarship as long as you are in good academic standing.
- Dramatically reduced student-faculty ratio. By reducing the size of our entering class, we have improved the classroom experience by ensuring that you get more one-on-one attention from your professors. Our student-faculty ratio for 2016-17 is 8.4:1.
- Hired 20 outstanding new professors since 2015. We increased our faculty by 30%, so that we can offer you a greater number of specialized courses taught by experts who are leaders in their respective fields.
- Created a Professionalism and Leadership Program. We will fully prepare you for your career as a 21st century lawyer by bridging the gap between legal theory and the practice of law, instilling core skills that will make you more versatile, and helping you develop a network by interacting with practicing lawyers and judges.
- Created the Office of Global Programs. Through worldwide relationships, dynamic international research, field study and exciting externship opportunities around the world, you'll be equipped to excel as a leader in the global marketplace.
- Doubled the size of Career Services staff. You’ll have more resources to help navigate the job placement process and to facilitate your transition into the legal community.
- Enhanced academic support and bar prep programs. You’ll get invaluable advice and support to help you succeed in law school and pass the bar exam.
“Texas A&M’s investment in the law school, both financial and intellectual, has made it possible for us to do things that make the future brighter for you, our students. Every decision we make begins with the question, ‘How does this help our students?’. As a result of Texas A&M’s commitment, we’ve recently been able to take a number of steps to enhance the value of your degree and to improve the quality of your law school experience, including hiring a large number of new and talented faculty, doubling our career services staff and sponsoring events. And we’ve even been able to bring students to College Station for a game at Kyle Field!”
— Andrew P. Morriss
Dean and Anthony G. Buzbee Endowed Dean’s Chair, Texas A&M University School of Law