How Can We Help You?
- Do you need legal advice because you are the caretaker for a child who has been, or is currently, at risk of abuse or neglect?
- Have you been turned down for Social Security or SSI disability benefits?
- Have you been physically or emotionally abused in your household, and are you worried about the future of your children?
- Do you have problems with your ex-spouse?
- Are you interested in obtaining a divorce?
If you have one of these problems - or some other serious family law or child related problem - you may qualify for free help from the attorneys and law students at the Law Clinic at Texas A&M University School of Law.
Problems we can handle:
- Protective orders
- Child custody proceedings
- Appeals of denial of Social Security and SSI disability benefits
- Other child-related issues
How it works:
Law students working in the Law Clinic, under the supervision of experienced attorneys, will talk to you about your problem. If we are able to take your case, the team of a law student and attorney will represent you. They will research your problem, prepare pleadings and documents, and represent you at hearings in court if necessary.
Remember that the people helping you are supervised law students. If your case lasts a long period of time, a different student may take over your case. Although these students are still learning about the law, they are licensed by the State Bar of Texas to serve as legal interns. They are supervised by qualified lawyers with many years of experience with cases like yours.
How you qualify:
Only low-income people can use our services. Our staff will ask you questions about your income to determine if you are eligible. We represent both children and adults in our areas of practice.
Where we are located:
The Law Clinic is in the Texas A&M University School of Law building at 1515 Commerce Street (across the street from the Water Gardens in downtown Fort Worth).
By appointment. Evening appointments are available.
*Please note, the Law Clinic does not accept email applications. Requests and inquiries should be made as follows:
For appointments and referrals:
Call the Law Clinic directly during regular business hours for an appointment.
Our phone number is: (817) 212-4123 or (817) 212-4000 ext. 4123.
For more information, please call:
Law ClinicTexas A&M University School of Law
1515 Commerce Street
Fort Worth, TX 76102
(817) 212-4123 or (817) 212-4000 ext. 4123