FREE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID (FAFSA)
Take the first step toward receiving financial support for your law school education and fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
FAFSA data is used for qualification for all need-based aid and federal aid and is required to establish eligibility for federal loans.
File Your FAFSA
File the FAFSA electronically on the web at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov using your tax return information. Enter the school code for Texas A&M University, 003632, so we may access the results
- New students must have been offered admission to the law school to be eligible for an offer of aid.
- Continuing students must be registered for classes to be eligible for an offer of aid.
Your FAFSA Results
FAFSA results – a Student Aid Report (SAR) – will be made available electronically. Review your SAR for accuracy and further instructions. If corrections are needed, you should be able make those immediately. Once you authorize Texas A&M University (003632) to receive your information, the financial aid office will receive an Institutional Student Information Record from the Department of Education.
- Priority will be given to students who have the FAFSA results and any additional documents needed to determine their eligibility on file by April 1.
- Upon receipt of the FAFSA results, we will review each student’s financial aid application file and display requests for any needed documents under Incomplete Requirements in the Scholarships & Financial Aid Student Portal in Howdy.
- Once a file is completed and reviewed, awards will be displayed in the Awards screen in the Howdy Portal.
An award notification will be emailed to you with instructions to visit the Howdy Portal to view the awards. You must read and follow the accompanying instructions carefully to accept award offers and put aid funds in place.