ONLINE JOB BANK POWERED BY SYMPLICITY™
The Office of Career Services utilizes the Symplicity system for:
- on-campus recruiting and interviews
- job postings
- networking opportunities
- external scholarship & writing competition opportunities
You will have access to this powerful and comprehensive resource as a student and graduate.
View job postings on the Symplicity system by logging in and clicking on the “Jobs” tab. See step-by-step instructions below.
If you have forgotten the password sent to you in your welcome message for Symplicity, click on the “Forgot Password” button on the login page to receive a new password.
If you did not receive a welcome message at your law school email account, contact Courtney Key at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE - Incoming 1Ls will receive welcome messages in October of their first year.
How to logon:
- Go to https://law-tamu-csm.symplicity.com/students. Please make sure the URL ends in “students” and not “employers” – you cannot login from the employer side.
- Your username is your law school e-mail address.
- If you forget your password, click the ‘Forgot Password’ button. The system will e-mail a new password to you at your law school e-mail account.
How to change your password:
- Go to the ‘Profile’ tab at the top of the page.
- Click on the ‘Password/Preferences’ tab.
- Enter your old password and then your new password to change.
How to search for a job:
- Go to the ‘Jobs’ tab at the top of the page.
- Use the drop down menu to narrow results by practice type, position type, and class level.
- Click on ‘Posted’ to re-sort results by posting date.
- Click on ‘Deadline’ to re-sort results by application deadline.
- Click on the job title to see more information about the job, including how to apply.
How to add documents:
- Click on the ‘Documents’ tab.
- Use the ‘Add New’ button to add a new document. Symplicity accepts either .doc or .pdf documents. All documents uploaded must be smaller than 200KB.
- Use the radio buttons to select which type of document you are uploading – resume, cover letter, writing sample, or other. “Other” is used for references and transcripts. (You can download your transcript from Howdy.
- You may upload multiple documents of the same type, and use the label feature to differentiate them.
How to apply for a job:
- Click on the ‘Jobs’ tab and follow the instructions to search for a job.
- If the employer is accepting applications through Symplicity, you will see drop-down menus under the “Application Status” header after clicking on the job.
- Use the drop-down menus to select which documents you want to attach to your application.
- Click ‘Submit’.