- There are 3 ways to stop the shelves from moving:
- Press the Stop/Reset button
- Break the beam of light by walking in or out of the aisle
- Break the beam of light on the range with the red and white stripe on the bottom
- If you are in an aisle and it begins to move, simply turn sideways to face the opening of the aisle and stand with your feet apart. The shelving will stop moving when the range with the red and white stripe touches the side of your foot. NOTE: Using the side of your foot ensures the beam will be broken and stop the shelving, please do not use the toe of the foot because there may be a gap.
Please check with the Reference Librarian on duty if you have any problems or questions.